As one chapter closes, another begins. Julie Smith, who has been fundamental in establishing the IDSA as the trusted identity security source for IT and cybersecurity professionals, has been appointed to our Executive Advisory Board. As Julie takes on her new role, we look forward to welcoming a new Executive Director to take the reins and lead us into our next phase of growth. Are you ready to make a difference?
As the Executive Director of the Identity Defined Security Alliance, you will be at the forefront of an exciting and impactful trend in the cybersecurity community. You’ve been in the cybersecurity trenches and know that identity has become the lynchpin for effective security strategies and want to share your stories. You have created a vast network in the cybersecurity industry that includes vendors and practitioners and find joy in helping meet the challenge of securing our digital ecosystem. You are looking for an opportunity to step back from the corporate treadmill and leverage your experience and network to make an impact on a vital industry.
Sound familiar? Read on if you want to exercise your entrepreneurial spirit, strategic thinking and passion for cybersecurity to lead a non-profit, vendor-neutral organization that is helping organizations reduce the risk of identity-related breaches (aren’t they all?). The IDSA is bringing the best and the brightest in identity and cybersecurity together to make the online world a safer place.
The Executive Director reports to the Executive Advisory Board and is the chief evangelist with the media, identity and security practitioners and vendors, and like-minded organizations. Other key duties include overseeing the strategic plan, including growth strategies and programs, defining the research calendar with the Technical Working Group leader, member recruitment and community building.
As the Executive Director, you will:
- Define the strategy and shepherd the vision and mission in collaboration with the Board.
- Build and manage strategic partnerships across the identity and security landscape.
- Represent the organization and mission as a subject matter expert in domestic and international venues and the media.
- Grow and nurture the membership, including identity and security vendors, contributors and corporations, and Customer Advisory Board Members.
- Collaborate with the Technical Working Group Leader to define the research agenda and key topic areas for the Technical Working Group subcommittees, which consist of IDSA vendor and practitioner members.
- Partner with Marking Operations to manage the team that is responsible for executing the programs and activities that support the mission.
- Maintain the financial integrity of the organization – develop the annual budget and oversee monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization, and ensure the organization is operating within the approved budget.
Our ideal candidate for the next Executive Director:
- You have a background in security, with a passion for identity
- You’ve been in the trenches at some point, managing and guiding a team of security or identity professionals
- Recent positions might include working for a cybersecurity solutions provider, within an end customer environment, as an analyst or other like-minded organization.
- You have the expertise and proven ability to inspire and influence others. You have experience speaking at conferences and with the media.
- You are ready to work from anywhere and motivated to make a difference.
Interested in this position? Please send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.