Identity Management Day Virtual Conference 2022 will focus on the importance of managing and securing digital identities, include speakers from across the industry, and feature announcement of Identity Management Award winners
DENVER, March 29, 2022 – The Identity Defined Security Alliance (IDSA), a nonprofit that provides vendor-neutral education and resources to help organizations reduce the risk of a breach by combining identity and security strategies, today announced the Identity Management Day Virtual Conference 2022. The one-day, online event will take place on Identity Management Day, April 12, 2022, and features five panel sessions and an interactive event on Twitter hosted by event co-sponsor, the National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCA).
Now in its second year, the mission of Identity Management Day is to educate business leaders, IT decision makers and consumers on the importance of identity management and key components including governance, identity-centric security best practices, processes, and technology, with a special focus on the dangers of not properly securing identities and access credentials.
Identity Management Day Virtual Conference 2022 Agenda
Identity Management Day Kick Off with IDSA and NCA Keynote Session: Preventing Identity-Related Attacks Today
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. MDT
- Manish Gupta, Director of Global Cybersecurity Services, Starbucks
- Martin Kuppinger, Founder and Principal Analyst, KuppingerCole
- Clint Maples, CISO, Robert Half
- Tom Sheffield, Sr. Director of Cybersecurity, Target
- Moderator: Sean Deuby, Director of Services, Semperis
Addressing Identity Challenges for SMBs
10:00 – 10:45 a.m. MDT
- Lawrence Cruciana, President, Corporate Information Technologies
- Phyllis Lee, Senior Director of Controls, Center for Internet Security
- Harry Perper, Principal Cybersecurity Technologist, The MITRE Corporation
- Moderator: Lisa Plaggemier, Interim Executive Director, National Cybersecurity Alliance
Identity at the Center of Zero Trust
11:00 – 11:45 a.m. MDT
- Chase Cunningham, CSO, Ericom
- George Finney, CSO, Southern Methodist University
- Den Jones, CSO, Banyan Security
- Moderator: John Gilroy, Managing Director, The Oakmont Group/Federal Tech Podcast
Identity Management Day Twitter Chat
12:00 – 12:45 p.m. MDT
Hosted by the National Cybersecurity Alliance (@StaySafeOnline). To participate, contact Jennifer Cook, email@example.com.
What’s Missing in Identity?
1:00 – 11:45 p.m. MDT
- Jaime Lewis-Gross, VP Solutions Engineering and Strategy, Saviynt
- Eve Maler, CTO, ForgeRock
- Helen Patton, Advisory CISO, Cisco
- Moderator: Richard Bird, CPO, SecZetta
The Future of Identity
2:00 – 2:45 p.m. MDT
- Andrew Hughes, Director of Identity Standards, Ping Identity
- Paul Zolfaghari, Managing Director, Carrick Capital
- Moderator: Paul Mezzera, VP of Strategy, Saviynt
Panel sessions are eligible for ISC(2) CPE credits and recordings of the sessions will be available following the event. To register for the Identity Management Day Virtual Conference 2022, visit https://idsalliance.wpengine.com/identity-management-day-virtual-conference-2022/.
In addition to the virtual event, there are several other ways to participate.
- Become an Identity Management Champion: Join the growing list of Identity Management Champions who make identity management and security foundational to their mission.
- Nominate for an Identity Management Award: Submit individuals and organizations that are making identity management and security an enabler to business operations while reducing risk. Deadline to submit is March 31st at 5:00 p.m. Pacific.
- Explore Resources: Discover best practices for enterprises, SMBs, and consumers from across the industry on the Identity Management Day news and resources page.
- Donate to the Identity Management Day Next Generation Fund: Support the next generation of identity management leaders and provide financial assistance to students on their path to an identity smart cybersecurity career.
To learn more about Identity Management Day 2022, please visit www.identitymanagementday.org.
About the Identity Defined Security Alliance
The IDSA is a group of identity and security vendors, solution providers, and practitioners that acts as an independent source of thought leadership, expertise, and practical guidance on identity centric approaches to security for technology professionals. The IDSA is a nonprofit that facilitates community collaboration to help organizations reduce risk by providing education, best practices, and resources.